Friday, May 06, 2011

Lily's 3rd Birthday Party & A Trip to Reddish Vale

This week saw my niece Lily turn three. As we were taking a trip to my mum's house, and Wendy would be there with the girls so mum could take Izzy to "Dancing on Ice" at the MEN Arena, we decided to have a little party for her.

Traditional party food of crisps, rolls, mini sausages rolls and chunks of cheese and sausage on cocktail sticks.

Lily admiring the cake she picked at the shop, it was covered in garish pink icing, oddly gelatinous "jewels" and lots of sprinkles. The princess on top lit up, it was like a plastic and icing version of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.

I'm not sure who was most excited by this present.

Once the food was finished and a few presents unwrapped, the girls set off back home with Wendy and we got Finlay off to bed.

The next day we decided to take a trip to Reddish Vale, a local park that we frequented when I was a child but haven't been to for well over a decade. It's also the home of Mr Bloom's Nursery from CBeebies.

We took along some bread to feed the duck like I used to do when I was a kid:


Then I took Finlay down to where the river has stony banks. It's one of the few places I can remember going with my dad so I'd always wanted to take him there. He loved picking up the stones and throwing them into the water.


We set off for home shortly after as Fin was getting very tired and fractious, all in all we had a great weekend though.

No comments: